Friday, July 25, 2008

Dolly Update

1041 24 July 2008

Due to Dolly\'s long meander over the valley, many members have some damage to deal with, Power outages to live through, and other things to work around.

So we are canceling the D21 Coop Charting event for this weekend that we were co-hosting with Austin Power Squadron.

The LRGV bridge will work together with Austin Power Squadron and the District to re-schedule this event later in the year.

I hope everyone is safe and sound and the damage was minimal.

For me, I don\'t have any damage but I am living on an island. The resaca over-flowed last night and was knocking at my door this morning. Thank heaven there wasn\'t one drop of rain today, and the water level went down about 3 inches so far. If it had rained it surely would have gone up and into my house. There is still 15-18 inches of water in the street so I can\'t get my vehicles out. If the water keeps draining, I hope to be able to get out tomorrow.

Chris Rakestraw spent the windy hours with me here and we caught a ride tonight over to check out her place. No flooding and no damage to RV trailer or truck. All is well for both of us.

Let us know how you fared. Inquiring minds want to know. I have had several requests from District members who are worried about us down here.

Attached are a few pictures of my place.

Kay Polt


Not Found on 7/25/2008 4:30 AM